- We’re fanatical about your success. If your business thrives – we thrive, it’s as simple as that! But don’t take our word for it – speak to any of our satisfied customers.
- Our core business is technology solutions, and collectively we offer you over 75 years’ experience, so rest assured we know what we’re doing.
- We’re a UK based technology company with global reach via our state-of-the-art 24/7/365 network operations centre – serving over 20 countries. So, when your business needs us, we’re here for you.
- We’re the proud owners of three, coveted Cisco accreditations, namely: ‘Cisco Gold Partner’, ‘Cisco Master Cloud and Managed Services Partner’ and ‘Cisco Master Collaboration Partner’. Only five other UK companies simultaneously hold these accreditations.
- Our solutions are bespoke. In our world, there’s no ‘one size fits all’ solution to your technology needs, it begins with you.
Access Control Solutions
An access control system is an effective and convenient way of securing your building and assets. Choosing the right system helps to mitigate risk and allows operations to continue when security issues arise.
Our systems provide live monitoring and offer time and attendance plug-ins, fire lists and traceability along with alerting mechanisms for exceptions; forced doors, continual unauthorised access attempts. By providing a flexible and cost effective alternative to keys, IP swipe and proximity cards, keypads and biometric solutions can restrict access to controlled doors, zones and time periods by individuals (staff and contractor), all through a simple-to-use software application.
There are many different systems available in the market today but most are very similar in functionality. When considering a new system, careful thought should be given to controller units and the number of doors these manage. Many systems require one controller per door whereas others can support upto 8 doors, reducing both implementation and support costs. Many businesses are migrating from the traditional analogue system to IP-based solutions, because of increased security, operational efficiency and better availability. This recent shift reflects what’s already happened in the telephony marketplace and more recently, CCTV.